Before you Start:
- First make sure you’ve read this blog post and follow along to get started with Roku Direct Publisher. Learn how to create your channel using the tutorials provided by Roku.
- Make sure you have added at least one content item with ALL fields (except the Trick-Play or Closed Caption, this is NOT required)
- In the WordPress Admin Dashboard go to WP Smart TV > Settings
- Go to Roku Settings
- Select the number of items per type (ex: 10 items will be in movies, videos and series). Set to -1 for all content.
- Select your advertising type from the available options.
- Select what kind of content you want included with the Direct Publisher feed.
- You can either set your rows in the Direct Publisher controls or use the WP Smart TV Recipe system to control them from your JSON feed.
- Click Save.
To setup Direct Publisher
- Under Roku Settings locate the “Link for Roku Direct Publisher Feed (JSON)”
- Copy the link and go to your Direct Publisher channel in the Roku Developer dashboard
- Click on Feed URL
- In the feed URL section paste the link from WP Smart TV
- Under “Video Format” select “Specified in feed (Roku Feed Format only)”
- Click Save
- “XX items have error: Thumbnail could not be downloaded.” – In some cases your hosting company may block requests from Roku in the case of image files. If you enable the Jetpack plugin and turn on “Settings > Speed up images and photos“, it will fix this issue. If you have a cache system, please refresh it.